Yuliya Vystavna, Ph.D.
Funkce: Vědecký pracovník - Oddělení hydrochemie a ekologického modelování
Research Scientist Institute of Hydrobiology, Biology Centre
May, 2016 – present Czech Academy of Sciences, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Associated Professor, Researcher Department of Urban and Regional Ecosystems
September, 2014 – May, 2016 O.M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy, Kharkiv,
Ukraine (Environmental Chemistry, Hydrology, Meteorology, Biotechnology)
Lecturer, Researcher Department of Environmental Engineering and Management,
September 2003 – August 2014 O.M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy Kharkiv, Ukraine
Expert and consultant in resource-saving British Council, Kiev, Ukraine
September, 2008-September, 2009
Engineer State Municipal Sewage Works
August, 2002-September, 2003 “Kharkivkommunochistvod”, Ukraine
(phytoremediation of the sewage sludge, consultancy in water use)
Assistant Kharkiv Regional State Administration
July, 2000 – January, 2001 Department of Dwelling-Municipal Services, Ukraine
Candidate of Sciences in Environmental Safety, Kiev Polytechnical University, Ministry of Education and Science, Ukraine (2014).
Qualification “Maître de Conferences” in Hydrology and Earth Sciences, France (2012)
Doctor of University of Bordeaux, France, PhD (2012), Hydrology, Geochemistry and Heritage
Title: ‘Environmental and socio-economic determinants, their impact on trace-metals and pharmaceuticals in surface waters: a comparison on two watersheds in France and Ukraine’
L’ecole du vin de Bordeaux, France (2011) Oenology, wine production and degustation, certificate.
University of Hokkaido, Sapporo, Japan (2007) Advanced courses for engineers. Diploma
Kharkiv State Academy of Municipal Economy, Ukraine (2002)
Master of Science Environmental Engineering (Diploma of M.Sc. with honor)
Vaasa Polytechnic, Finland
Exchange student in Computer Science and Mathematic, (2001) (program - 13 EСTS)
Kharkiv State Academy of Municipal Economy, Ukraine (2000)
Bachelor of Science in Ecology and Environmental Protection
Principle Investigator: UNESCO-SIDA Individual research grant “Emerging pollutants in wastewater reuse in developing countries” (International Hydrological Program of UNESCO) (2015).
Principle Investigator: “Evaluation of human impacts on water balance and nutrients dynamics in transboundary Russia/Ukraine river basin” - GNIR IAEA Research Program (2014 – 2017).
Principle Investigator: “River water quality assessment in transboundary Russia/Ukraine water basin of the Seversky Donets River using environmental isotopic methods” – GNIR IAEA Research Program (2012 – 2015).
Principle Investigator: “Trace elements in Ukrainian wine and vineyards: development of the system of wine origin identification" – (2012 – 2013) (Kharkiv, Yalta and Sevastopol, Ukraine).
Participant: "Assessment of constructed wetlands for the treatment of municipal waste waters in contrasted climate conditions" – (2012, 2013, 2014) (Financed by Municipal Council of Kharkiv city).
Participant: “Future urban sanitation to meet new requirements for water quality in the Baltic Sea region”. Visby Swedish – Polish - Ukrainian scientific project (2010 -2012).
Principle Investigator: “Monitoring and modeling of tracers in surface water of France and Ukraine” (International Collaborative Program ‘‘Partenariat Hubert Curien DNIPRO’’ (Grant No. 19744VJ) (2009 – 2010).
Co-director: British Council Energy Saving Program (2006 – 2007).
Participant: EC Tempus Joint Project. “Inter-university Start-up centers for students’ innovations development & promotion” (SUCSID). 530349-TEMPUS-1-2012-1-FR-TEMPUS-JPHES (2013 – 2016)
Participant: ERASMUS MUNDUS External Cooperation Window Programme (Lot 6/7—Belarus, Moldova, and Ukraine) (2008 – 2011)
Participant: EC Tempus Joint Project. “Environmental Governance for Environmental Curricula” (EnGo) 511390-TEMPUS-1-2010-1-SK-TEMPUS-JPCR (2010-2013)
Co-director: EC Tempus Joint Project. "Sustainable business patterns" (SUSBUS) Tempus: IB JEP-23100-2002 (2003 – 2006)
Participant: EC Tempus Joint Project. "Higher education and labor market in the environment" (HELMET) Tempus: UM_JEP-23060-2002 (2003 – 2006).
AWARDS AND HONORS______________________________________________________________
- SAIA Research Mobility, National Scholarship of Slovak Republic (10 months, 2015)
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarship (10 months, 2011-2012) Ministry of Foreign Affairs, France
- ERASMUS Mundus ECW Lot 6 (Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine) for the PhD research in the University of Bordeaux 1 (2008-2010)
- UNESCO research supported grants for the participation in scientific meetings (2007 – 2013)
- SIWI (Stockholm International Water Institute) mobility grants (2006 – 2009)
- JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency) Courses (2007), Hokkaido, Japan.
- Scholarship of the Government of Ukraine (1 October 2006 – 30 September 2008) for youth scientists
- The third prize for the best Master’s thesis, Phillantropical Kuzin’s Found, Kharkiv, Ukraine, 2002
REVIEWING AND EXPERTISE_________________________________________________________
Expert of: IAEA in the Environmental Isotopes in Rivers (since 2013 to present time)
Journals: Sciences of the Total Environment, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Central European Journal of Geoscience, Water Resource Management, Ecological Engineering, PlosONE. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Water International, Arab Journal of Geosciences, Geochemica and Cosmochimica Acta, Toxicological and Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Earth Sciences.
Conference: IWA Conference in Montreal
Editorial boarder and member of steering committees:
- Water International (peer reviewed journal)
-UNESCO conferences on Emerging Pollutants in Water
-International Conferences on Water Resources and Environmental Research (ICWRER).
Russian (native speaker); Ukrainian; English (professional); French (advanced – B2), Japanese (basic), Slovakian (basic).
In peer-review with an impact factor (Scopus database):
- Yakovlev V., Vystavna Y., Diadin D., Vergeles Y. (2015). Nitrates in springs and rivers of East Ukraine: Distribution, contamination and fluxes. Applied Geochemistry 53, 71 – 78.
- Vergeles Y., Vystavna Y., Ishchenko A., Rybalka I., Marchand L., Stolberg F., 2015. Assessment of treatment efficiency of constructed wetlands in East Ukraine. Ecological Engineering 83, 158 – 169. DOI: 10.1016/j.ecoleng.2015.06.020
- Vystavna Y., Yakovlev V., Diadin D., Vergeles Y., Stolberg F. 2015. Hydrochemical characteristics and water quality assessment of surface and ground waters in the transboundary (Russia/Ukraine) Seversky Donets basin. Environmental Earth Sciences 74 (1), 585 – 596. DOI: 10.1007/s12665-015-4060-0
- Vystavna Y., Rätsep R., Klymenko N., Drozd O., Pidlisnyuk V., Klymenko M. 2015. Comparison of soil-to-root transfer and translocation coefficients of trace elements in vines of Chardonnay and Muscat white grown in the same vineyard. Scientia Horticulturae 192, 89-96.
- Vystavna Y., Rushenko L., Diadin D., Klymenko O., Klymenko N. (2014). Trace metals in wine and vineyard environment in southern Ukraine. Food Chemistry 146, 339 -344.
- Pidlisnyuk V., Harrington J., Melnyk Y., Vystavna Y.. Fluctuations of annual precipitation and water resources quality in Ukraine, accepted in Chemistry and Chemical Technology.
- Marchand L., Mench M., Nsanganwimana F., Vystavna Y., Huneau F., Le Coustumer P., Lamy J.B., Cook B.J. 2014. Trace element transfer from soil to leaves of five macrophytes along the Jalle d’Eysines River, France and their potential use as contamination biomonitors. Ecological Indicators 46, 425 – 437.
- Vystavna Y., Huneau, F., Motelica-Heino M., Le Coustumer P., Vergeles, Y., Stolberg F. 2012. Monitoring and flux determination of trace metals in rivers of the Seversky Donets basin (Ukraine) using DGT passive samplers. Environmental Earth Science 65, 1715-1725.
- Vystavna Y., Huneau F., Grynenko, V., Vergeles Y., Celle – Jeanton H., Tapie N., Budzinski H., Le Coustumer P. 2012. Pharmaceuticals in rivers of two regions with contrasted socio-economic conditions: occurrence, accumulation and comparison for Ukraine and France. Water Air and Soil Pollution 223(5), 2111-2124.
- Vystavna Y., Le Coustumer P., Huneau F. 2013. Monitoring of trace metals and pharmaceuticals as anthropogenic and socio-economic indicators of urban and industrial impact on surface waters. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 185 (4), 3581 – 3601.
- Vystavna Y., Huneau, F., Schafer, J., Motelica-Heino, M., Blanc, G., Larrose, A., Vergeles, Y., Diadin, D., Le Coustumer, P. 2012. Distribution of trace elements in waters and sediments of the Seversky Donets transboundary watershed (Kharkiv region, Eastern Ukraine). Applied Geochemistry 27 (10), 2077 – 2087